Uniformed Services

Commander, Captain Steven Laskiewicz #211
732.833.3006

Shift Commanders
Lieutenant John Decker #216 (Bravo/Charlie 2 Platton) 
Lieutenant John Giovanetti #217 (Alpha/Charlie 2 Platoon)


The Uniformed Services Division of the Jackson Township Police Department is comprised of the Patrol Division and is led by Captain Steven Laskiewicz, a 17 year veteran of the department. Captain Laskiewicz began his law enforcement career in 1996 with the Momoe Township Police Department and prior to that served as an Auxiliary police officer with the Sayerville Police Department. Captain Laskiewicz is a 2016 graduate of Rutgers University Certified Public Manager (CPM) program and has numerous certificates from various leadership courses he has completed during his law enforcement career.

Currently staffed by sixty-five (65) uniformed officers, the Patrol Bureau is the largest operating unit within the department and it is these highly trained professionals that provide township residents, and visitors alike, with a full spectrum of police related services. Assisting Captain Laskiewicz with the management of the day to day operations of the Patrol Bureau are Police Lieutenants' John Decker and John Giovanetti, who serve as platoon commanders, and nine (9)supervising Police Sergeants. On an everyday basis, police officers detect crimes in progress,enforce traffic laws, provide first aid and respond to a wide variety of calls for service while protecting the lives and property of members of the community.

*A noteworthy service provided by the police department is the patrol check. Township residents planning a vacation, or an extended absence from home, are encouraged to visit the police department at any time to request a check of their vacant residence.

Login to post comments

Follow Us

About Jackson Township

During 1994, we celebrated the 150th year of Jackson's existence as an incorporated municipality in the State of New Jersey. As the handwritten Legislative Act reads, "Having been three times read in the Council (the State Senate) on February 29, 1844,"

Read more...